Thursday, June 7, 2012

Days in Danchi

I have moved to a new place, in a danchi (a housing complex build in 60s) this April with my husband, here is the window view from the room which I use as a studio space. It is sized in 4-tatami mattress, which is nice and cozy. I wonder in the time passes here, the sounds coming into. Often the sounds from outside travels into it. A lovely old woman lives next door by herself and receives everyday a phone call in the morning. On the day before yesterday, when mobile Tofu shop came to our flat and we were outside together, she told me that her health is recently not as good as before. Today, she speaks to a person over the phone, 'Ah, thank you, your voice makes me alive. arigatou. yes, I am ok, not too bad.' I hope she feels ok and gets better, as everyday goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment